Is amavisd-new still being maintained?

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Mon Oct 8 05:05:09 CEST 2018

On 10/7/18 4:09 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On 10/07/2018 07:05 PM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
>>> Personally I rather like it when a piece of infrastructure software
>>> stops being a "moving target".
>>
>> I like to know if software currently used in production systems is
>> maintained, i.e. how likely it is that bugs will be fixed in a
>> reasonable amount of time.
>>
>> You can always decide not to update to newer versions if you like, but
>> if there are no newer versions available, you're S.O.L. ;-)
>
>   Agreed 100%...but are there any bugs in amavisd-new that anyone cares
> about at this point?

I do. As currently implemented amavisd-new doesn't handle perl doubles
as doubles, and requires a pretty old (< 4.038) version of the DBD-MySQL
module to work; that version has other issues.

I've noted this previously on this list, and it's also detailed in this
thread:

https://de.postfix.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2017-January/004711.html

dn