whitelist sender domain

Dominic Raferd dominic at timedicer.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 15:35:50 CET 2018

On 26 February 2018 at 16:34, Dominic Raferd <dominic at timedicer.co.uk>
wrote:

> I have now updated my 50-user.conf to this:
> $interface_policy{'10024'} = 'INCOMING';
> $policy_bank{'INCOMING'} = {
>   whitelist_sender_maps => [ read_hash('/etc/amavis/whitelist') ],
> };

Note that this whitelisting technique works on the address given in the
'From:' header​, not the envelope sender (aka Return-Path).

Each address in /etc/amavis/whitelist (one per line, comments and blank
lines are ignored) can be whole email address, domain only, or domain
preceded by dot in which case it matches emails from domain *and* any
subdomains:

# example amavis whitelist file

amavis-users at amavis.org
.currys.co.uk
zpg.co.uk

​After updating the file you (probably - untested) have to reload amavis
for it to take account of the changes.​ If you have systemd:
systemctl reload-or-restart amavis