Update errors

Tim Taylor tim.taylor at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 11:41:50 CEST 2017

On further investigation, the amavisd-new cron job was failing with return
code 3 because the file /var/run/amavis/amavisd.pid did not exist (although
amavisd.lock did exist in that directory).

Permissions of the directories looked fine, but restarting the amavisd-new
daemon did not solve the problem (still no amavisd.pid file).

As a last resort I rebooted the server... and this seems to have fixed the
problem. The .pid file is now there, and the cron job works without error.

I don't know what caused this error (I see that the lastest version of
amavisd-new does include various changes to how .pid files are handled, but
I don't know if that has any bearing on my problem). Anyhow, it's all fixed
now.