Detecting Crypto Trojans

Tone Kravanja Tone.Kravanja at alarix.si
Fri Feb 19 13:07:46 CET 2016

On our side I have reacted in banning the messages that have specifficaly named attachment (lately those were invoice_2016_52323.doc). So we are blocking those. But to answer your question. I tried F-Prot virus scanner and one of the results it gives back is number of macros discovered in the document. So you could use that to reject documents with macros.

Best regards,
Tone Kravanja