SQL per-user config: access sender info in $sql_select_policy

William Wilhelm via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Sun May 25 10:32:01 CEST 2014

In case anyone else wants to accomplish the same, here's my solution. It
involves editing /usr/sbin/amavisd, or your equivalent, modifying the
$uname assignment to pass $msginfo->sender to lookup2 and then duplicating
the original line as the next and adding an extra conditional.

$ sed -n '27524,27529 p' /usr/sbin/amavisd
      my($uconf,$uname);
      my $recip_addr = $r->recip_addr;
      $uconf = lookup2(0, $recip_addr, $uconf_maps_ref)  if @$uconf_maps_ref;
      $uname = lookup2(0, $msginfo->sender, $uname_maps_ref)  if
@$uname_maps_ref;
      $uname = lookup2(0, $recip_addr, $uname_maps_ref)  if
@$uname_maps_ref && (!defined $uname || $uname eq '');
      $uconf = ''  if !defined $uconf;

Line numbers may be off in your version, but $uname = lookup2 should be
unique and therefore easy to locate.