Adding X_SPAM headers to passed messages

Michael Storz via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Thu May 15 10:21:46 CEST 2014

Am 2014-05-14 21:30, schrieb James B. Byrne via amavis-users:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 09:36, James B. Byrne wrote:
>
> As suggested I manually added our domain (.harte-lyne.ca) to
> @local_domains_maps.   This had the desired effect and X-SPAM headers
> began to
> appear in processed emails.  However, I was curious why this would
> work since
> we had these two statements already in amavisd.conf:
>
> $mydomain = 'harte-lyne.ca';
> . . .
> @local_domains_maps = ( [ qw( .$mydomain
>                               .someother.tld) ] );
>
> To test what was happening I removed the newly added .harte-lyne.ca
> from
> inside the @local_domains_maps and restarted amavisd.  And the
> headers
> disappeared again.
>
> To solve this I have added the local domain explicitly and now I get
> the
> desired behaviour.  But I do not understand why the previous
> configuration no
> longer worked.
>
> @local_domains_maps = ( [ qw( .$mydomain
>                               .harte-lyne.ca
>                               .someother.tld
>                        ) ] );

perl -e 'use Data::Dumper;$mydomain =
'harte-lyne.ca';@local_domains_maps = ( [ qw( .$mydomain .someother.tld)
] );print Dumper(\@local_domains_maps)'
$VAR1 = [
           [
             '.$mydomain',
             '.someother.tld'
           ]
         ];

 From perlop

            Customary  Generic        Meaning        Interpolates
                        qw{}         Word list            no

Regards,
Michael