amavisd reload fails

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Sat Mar 23 18:43:09 CET 2013

On 03/21/2013 07:18 PM, psychobyte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using amavisd-new-2.7.0. When ever i try "amavisd reload" the
> amavisd dies and never comes back up.  The logs don't seem to reveal
> much detail that's useful to me. I have made sure that all config files
> are readable by the amavis group(i think). Can anyone suggest another
> reason why reload doesn't work?

I just did this to myself again the other day. Are you loading any
external files in amavisd.conf?

In my case, I added a new map, notifications, to,

@virus_lovers_maps = ( read_hash("/etc/postfix/maps/rfc_addresses"),
                       read_hash("/etc/postfix/maps/notifications") );

but I forgot to make it readable by the amavis group. The symtoms were
the same.. we reload every night at 3am and it never came back up.
Nothing in the logs.