amavisd stops after reload

Martin Fuxa fuxa_kos at unihost.cz
Fri Jul 26 22:51:12 CEST 2013

On 06/12/2013 01:20 PM, Andreas Schulze wrote:
> Am 12.06.2013 10:03 schrieb Martin Fuxa:
>> and HUP is not performed.
> you may set $log_level = 5, restart, then reload and watch the log.

I don't see any reason in log
last line
Signalling a SIGHUP to a running daemon [22281]
and then nothing a no one amavisd process

full log is here (without any working child which generate lot of lines)
http://pastebin.com/g0jvXAq2

 > Usually caused by unreadable files specified somewhere in amavisd.conf.
 > For example, these always get me:

I did not think it (I have some required files in /etc/postfix with
correct permission), but it is my case!

some admin was paranoid within updated certs
/var/lib/dkim/a.key.pem
/var/lib/dkim/notif-mail.key.pem
-rw------- 1 root root
changed to ... works fine
-rw-r-----  1 root vscan

Proper logging in this reload case would be nice.

Thanks Martin