Notifications on banned files

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Mon Feb 25 22:01:23 CET 2013

* Michael Dukelsky <amavism at mail.ru>:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On 22.02.2013 19:30, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
>
>  ??>> I'd like a recipient to receive a notification of a banned
>  ??>> file moved to the quarantine, if and only if the recipient
>  ??>> is in my net. How do I do it?
>  PK> Set @mynetworks to tell where your machines are:
>  PK> @mynetworks = qw(
>  PK>     127.0.0.0/8
>  PK>     ...
>  PK>     );  #
>  PK> Set @local_domains_maps to tell amavis who your recipients are:
>  PK> @local_domains_maps = (
>  PK>     ".$mydomain"
>  PK>     );
>  PK> Tell amavis to notify recipients of banned file quarantine:
>  PK> # Don't send notification to sender
>  PK> $warnbannedsender = 0;
>  PK> # Send notification to recipient
>  PK> $warnbannedrecip = 1;
>
> Thank you very much, it works.
>
> Now I tried to send a notification to a sender from my net who has sent
> a message with a banned file.

Is the recipient in @local_domains_maps? If not, the recipient should _not_
get a notification unless you have deactivated $warn_offsite i.e. set it to 1.

> If I set
>
> $warnbannedsender = 1;
>
> then both sender in my net and recipient out of my net get
> notifications. And I do not want the recipient out of my net to get a
> notification.
>
> I tried also to set
>
> $policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = {
>   originating => 1,
>   warnbannedsender => 1,
> }
>
> But it looks like the policy bank settings do not influence amavisd. How
> do I send a notification to a sender only if he is from my net?

The setting is okay and it should work. How to you route messages into the
policy_bank ORIGINATING? Maybe the problem is the routing and not the policy.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64