razor problems Can't read conf file: /root/.razor/razor-agent.conf

Benedict White via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Mon Aug 26 19:07:21 CEST 2013

From: amavis-users [amavis-users-bounces+benedict.white=cse-ltd.co.uk at amavis.org] On Behalf Of Deeztek Support via amavis-users [amavis-users at amavis.org]
Sent: 26 August 2013 17:33
To: amavis-users
Subject: razor problems  Can't  read conf file: /root/.razor/razor-agent.conf

On 8/26/2013 11:36 AM, Benedict White wrote:

I'm getting this error in my amavis logs concerning
>> razor2.
>>
>> razor2: razor2 check failed: No such file or directory razor2: Can't
>> read conf file: /root/.razor/razor-agent.conf at
>> /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Razor2.pm line 325.
>>
>> The razor-agent.conf file exists in that location so I'm not
>> understanding why it doesn't work.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>

> Check the file rights with ls -l, then check what user Amavisd, spamassassin and Razor are running under.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Benedict White

>The file rights are as follows:
>
>-rw-r--r-- 1 amavis amavis  706 2010-11-27 14:47 razor-agent.conf
>
>Amavisd runs as amavis. There is no process for razor from what i can
>tell. I thought amavis called that process wheat n needed. The spamd daemon
>runs as root.
>

>Firstly this should be posted to the list, under it's own subject,
>
>Secondly Amavisd doesn't call Razor, Spamassassin does. Have you tried setting
>the ownership as root?
>
>That said, there are documents on Razor set up which I haven't read for an age
>which cover setup and testing.
>
>1. posted on its own subject
Yes, but as it's a reply, it still references the original thread...

>2. Tried setting it as root and got the exact same error
>3. Read the docs and here's the extend of the "documentation" on razor:
>
>Install and configure razor:
>
>apt-get install razor
>razor-admin -create
>razor-admin -register
>
>Running this command to verify razor:
>
>razor-admin -d -debuglevel=9 -create
>
>Generates the following:
>
>razor-admin finished successfully.
>
>so it seems to be installed and configured correctly as far as the system is concerned. Amavis seems to complain when I run it in >debug mode.
>
>Now the "documentation" on Ubuntu's website said the following after instructing to install razor:
>
>"Spamassassin automatically detects optional components and will use them if they are present. This means that there is no need >to configure pyzor and razor."
>
>Any ideas?

Well, from your previous log extract it looks like a SpamAssassin problem not an Amavisd one so you could as on that list.

The last installs I did use Razor without having configured it at all. Have you tried running it in normal mode with a
real email stream and seeing if Razor ever traps spam?

Kind regards

Benedict White