Odd emit when starting amavisd 2.8.0

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Tue Jul 17 23:14:46 CEST 2012

--On Monday, July 16, 2012 10:18 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah at zimbra.com> wrote:

>> Funny. Will investigate when I get home.
>> It is harmless in itself, but shows that some of the Perl's
>> taint checks will be less effective. Are you perhaps
>> removing the -t flag from the first line in a file 'amavisd'?
>
> Yes, we are, although I don't recall the reasons behind it.  Something I
> inherited.  I will see if it is still necessary.

Removing taint was due to the fact we set PERL5LIB so that amavisd can find
the modules we ship.  PERL5LIB varies depending on OS.

As an improved solution, I've instead made it so that amavisd now untaints
perl5lib:

use lib $ENV{PERL5LIB} =~ /([^:]+)/g;

and re-enabled taint.  It appears to run just fine with that solution in
place.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount