amavis "fails to parse" 'uridnsbl_skip_domain ...' in spamassassin local config ?

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at
Tue Apr 10 23:32:10 CEST 2012

--On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:17 PM -0700 locuse at wrote:

> Mark,
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012, at 05:40 PM, Mark Martinec wrote:
>> I can see now what the problem is:
> thanks for digging through this.
>> The culprit seems to be the setting in amavisd.conf:
>>   $sa_siteconfigpath = '/opt/zimbra/conf/';
>> which is passed on to SpamAssassin by amavisd as:
>>   site_rules_filename => $sa_siteconfigpath,
>> The .cf files should not be read before all .pre files
>> are brought in.
> iiuc Qunah's comment, this has been addressed in v2.7.x.
> in the interim, what can/should be done about this?  is it a patch to
> amavis itself (unlikely)?
> or a zimbra issue?

My question would be, if it shouldn't be $sa_siteconfigpath, what should it

In our 2.7.0 Amavisd, which works with the configuration, it is still:

$sa_siteconfigpath = '/opt/zimbra/conf/';

The bit I was thinking about was adding the ability for user preferences,
not site preferences, so it doesn't apply.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.