Amavis blocking images...

Peter Dal pdal at assetrecoverycorp.com
Wed Sep 21 16:15:27 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

I have a problem that started last Monday, without me changing
anything... For some odd reason, amavis started blocking images, but not
all of them, just a specific one. Here's the situation:

One of my users is using a mailing list, and sends out an email with our
company logo as header (embeded, not attached). When this message comes
back (since he's subscribed to this list) the email gets blocked by
amavis, and I receive the following notification email:

    |No viruses were found.

    Banned name: multipart/mixed |
       image/gif,.image,.gif,part1.03020803.05050501 at mydomain.com
    Content type: Banned
    Internal reference code for the message is 30298-18/Fe80t5ePS7Gx

    First upstream SMTP client IP address: [<source ip>] mail.sourcedomain.com
    According to a 'Received:' trace, the message originated at:
       [<source ip>], localhost.localdomain unknown [127.0.0.1]