excluding checks for @mynetowrks - amavis vs. postfix problem

Tomas Macek macek at fortech.cz
Wed Sep 21 10:51:25 CEST 2011

I want to exclude some part of Postfix's mynetworks from Amavis spam checks,
but really only some part, the rest should be checked as ussual. The "some
part" is a subnet, in that I have all my servers sending emails, that should be
excluded.
For example here I'm trying to say, that my servers (that I want to exclude)
are in 192.168.0.0/29 subnet.

Our network is large - we use much wider range of public IP addresses, but
I will use a simplified this example only.

I'm using Postfix 2.8.4 with
 	mynetworks = 192.168.0.0/24 127.0.0.1

and want to setup amavisd.conf of my Amavis 2.6.4 to contain this:
 	# I think this will add only first 8 addresses to @mynetworks.
 	@mynetworks = qw( 127.0.0.0/8 10.0.0.0/8 192.168.0.0/29);

 	$policy_bank{'MYNETS'} = {
   		originating => 1,
   		os_fingerprint_method => undef,
   		bypass_spam_checks_maps   => [0],
   		bypass_banned_checks_maps => [0],
 	};

The doc of Amavis says, that mynetworks in main.cf and @mynetworks in
amavisd.conf should be the same and @mynetworks should contain all the IP
addresses of local network.

What bad will could happen if this will differ? Hope this will not lead to some
complicated answer...

Best regards, Tomas