MIME::Parser error with amavisd-new-2.6.4-3

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Tue Sep 20 21:00:23 CEST 2011

Alex,

> I have a fedora15 system with spamassassin-3.3.2 and
> amavisd-new-2.6.4-3 and perl-MIME-tools-5.502-1.fc15.noarch and have
> loads of the following in the logs:
>
> Sep 13 15:18:26 mail02 amavis[4956]: (04956-02-14) WARN: MIME::Parser
> error: part did not end with expected boundary
>
> I've seen several references to this problem online, but all of them
> involve upgrading a version earlier than the one I already have
> installed.
>
> Is this something to be concerned with? How can I troubleshoot this?

The most common reason for a "part did not end with expected boundary"
is that a message being processed is a bounce (delivery status notification),
containing a truncated body of an original message. If this is the case,
there is nothing to worry about. If a message is a regular message from
one of your users, then either his mail reader is generating a bad MIME,
or something else went wrong - worth investigating, but rarely seen.