Which interface for sql connection?

Peter Huetmannsberger huetmann at violine.at
Tue Sep 20 10:32:17 CEST 2011

Hello,

yesterday I had a very weird phenomenon. I activated a new
network interface, which happened to be eth0.

After that amavisd didn't work anymore, because the user
amavis at newIPadress was not allowed to connect to the mysqlDB.

I was suprised to see that amavis does not try to connect to the DB via
127.0.0.1

Is there something wrong with my setup, or is there a place where I can
define which IPaddress (it's all running on the same server, which happens
to have 3 network interfaces) the daemon uses to connect to the DB?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
.peter

Please note that my email has changed to:
huetmann at violine.at