Wishlist feature

Christian Roessner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Wed Sep 14 18:14:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

I found a problem with using amavis with a milter. I use postfix and normally I could use smtpd_proxy_filter to get mails over a mavis. But for some reason, I need to use milters before amavis. So I need amavisd-milter, which uses $unix_socket in amavisd. This is okay, if I only have amavis listening on one TCP port, i.e. the incoming MTA port. But what about the submission port or any other port that normally would live inside a policy bank?

As far as I could see, currently I would have to run amavisd-milter _and_ amvaisd in multi instance mode and could not use policy_banks anymore. That is very sad, as it destroys the nice concept.

So here comes my wish list: Is it possible to deal with unix-sockets the same way as with TCP? Having a list of unix-sockets in amavisd that I could map to different policy_banks? So I could use at least _one_ instance of amavisd and only would need multiple instances of amavisd-milter with -S option pointing to the different unix sockets.

If I could do perl programming a little bit more, I would take the time and try to include it myself. But honestly perl is much to heavy for me. At least the amavisd-code ;-)

Thanks in advance
Christian
---
Roessner-Network-Solutions