Disclaimers, MYNETS, and altermime config problems

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 03:54:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to implement a disclaimer footer to all outgoing emails on a
fedora14 server with postfix-2.7.5, amavisd-new-2.6.4 and about twenty
virtual domains. For now, the disclaimer can remain the same for all
domains.

I've tried implementing it using postfix and an additional filter, but
always_bcc is also being used, so the messages were being delivered to
the always_bcc address multiple times. I've tried adding "-o
receive_override_options=no_address_mappings" and "-o
smtp_send_xforward_command=yes", but it continues to be delivered
multiple times, so I thought I would try the amavisd approach.

I think the trouble I'm having is that the SASL users aren't being
added to MYNETS. I thought I could include my configuration below in
hopes someone will find my configuration error. How are SASL users
supposed to be added to @mynetworks? It currently just contains a few
local networks and localhost..

$altermime = '/usr/bin/altermime';
@altermime_args_disclaimer = qw( --verbose
                                 --disclaimer=/etc/postfix/disclaimer.txt
                                 --disclaimer-html=/etc/postfix/disclaimer.txt);
$defang_maps_by_ccat{+CC_CATCHALL} = [ 'disclaimer' ];

$policy_bank{'MYNETS'} = {   # mail originating from @mynetworks
  originating => 1,  # is true in MYNETS by default, but let's make it explicit
  os_fingerprint_method => undef,  # don't query p0f for internal clients
  allow_disclaimers => 1,
};

I believe these are the only changes that need to be made to support a
disclaimer?

Maybe there is an additional policy bank that has remote users added to it?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex