sa_userconf_maps and sa_username_maps syntax question

Matt Goodman matt at dgisoda.com
Wed Sep 7 03:04:36 CEST 2011

Thank you for the insight. I examined the patch file that was presented and
I have to go a different direction. Since required_score is somewhat handled
already via the policy system (although users cannot specify their own
'score' they can indeed change policies, which in turn affects score), I
think I'm going to focus on per-user Bayes.

What part of amavisd-new goes and checks per-user bayes? I see nothing in
earlier examples nor in the patch which address having amavisd-new handle
per-user Bayes classification. Or is that solely done through SA's
configuration? If no changes are required in amavisd-new to get per-user
Bayes working, then I apologize. I can get SA's /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
to use the per-user Bayes. I'm just new to amavis and assume that amavis has
to handle checking against the per-user Bayes database. Is this correct?

So I will abandon sa_userconf_maps and sa_username_maps and go straight to
per-user Bayes. That should be enough, when combined with the flexibility of
the amavisd-new policies via SQL to accomplish what I need. I just have to
figure out whether anything is required on the amavis side of things.

Thanks,

Matt