Amavis Quarantine MySql, managing

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu May 12 17:38:10 CEST 2011

On 5/11/11 3:24 AM, Antoine Nguyen wrote:
>> what do you use for managing amavis quarantine? (MySql-DB)
>> I google alot, but i am not sure what to use.
>> Can you recommend me some tools?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> marko, from sunny hamburg
> You can take a look at Modoboa (http://modoboa.org)
>
> It provides a quarantine viewer/manager and is maintained.

   That looks like a really nice package, Antoine.

   I have an existing setup with Postfix, amavisd-new, clamav, and
Dovecot, in which all control information is stored in a MySQL database
except for the mail spools themselves, and mail account users don't have
UNIX accounts.  I'm currently using MailZu to manage the quarantine
database.  Nothing ever touches the mail spools themselves except
Dovecot; delivery is accomplished via Dovecot's LDA.  All of this has
been in service for a long time at a couple of sites, handling a few
thousand accounts in total, and it works extremely well.

   If I were to want to move to Modoboa, I assume I'd have to change my
schemas, but how tough are those changes likely to be?  Will I be able
to retain the "nothing touches the spools except Dovecot" functionality
with Modoboa?

             Thanks,
             -Dave

--