using Net::Server 0.99

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Tue May 3 20:44:12 CEST 2011

Clay,

> I recall we had to patch Net::Server 0.99 with 2.7.0-pre12 due to the
> zombie'd child issue reported.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4D239C66.3050403%40ruraltel.net&forum_name=amavis-user
>
> Just thought I'd add that as something that may need to be handled by
> the user during their module upgrade.

Thanks for reminding us.

I don't think the 0.97 is any different from 0.99 in this respect,
they both need this patch to reclaim old child processes on
'amavisd reload' since 2.7.0 ...

... or one can just not worry about it as the first child reaching
its $max_requests limit will eventually cause Net::Server to reclaim
its zombies which were left by previous warm restarts.