good measure for spam tag header

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Tue Dec 20 01:11:01 CET 2011

On Dec 19, 2011 6:40 PM, "fakessh @" <ml at smtp.fakessh.eu> wrote:

> I am using centos 5.7 standard
> spamassassin of repos epel
> amavisd of rpmforge  repos
> and  other tool
> work well
>
> my question is about the right steps to view the headers of spamassassin
> particular
> $sa_tag_level_deflt  = 0.1;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that
> level
> $sa_tag2_level_deflt = 0.2;  # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
> $sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.4;  # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g. blocks
> mail)
> $sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 10;   # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent
>
> what are good values to be displayed for spamassassin headers to know the

You will tag a lot of spam at that level.

I recommend...

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -999;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that
level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 5;  # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 15;  # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g. blocks
mail)
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 20;   # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent

My own levels are -999, 4, 12, 10 - but that might be too aggressive for
most people.  I don't send DSNs, so that's the reason evasive action is
more than the cut-off.

Simon