pilot error? or idiots at microsoft?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat Aug 13 01:53:17 CEST 2011

On Aug 12, 2011, at 7:49 AM, Mark Martinec wrote:
>> in fact, any connection to amavis from 169* would be
>> strange... unless your laptop also did not get a good ip and pulled a
>> 169* address.
>
> Yes. It would be unusual, although not impossible.

It has become "best practice" to route 169 on enterprise networks so that a host which has a DHCP problem can still reach internal things.

Note: Not my "best practice". I believe that problems should highlight themselves to get fixed.  But the mentality is very different for many IT groups.

--
Jo Rhett