amavisd-release twice?

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at secnap.com
Fri Aug 12 13:25:50 CEST 2011

On 8/12/11 7:17 AM, Lars Jørgensen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sometimes I want to check a spammy mail before I forward it to the
> intended recipient. Thus I run "amavisd-release spam-mail.gz
> my at mail.org" to send the spammy mail to my own account. If I can
> approve of the mail, I would like to release it again to the real
> recipient, using "amavisd-release spam-mail.gz". Amavisd-release does
> it's thing, but the mail is never delivered. Is this intended behaviour?

sometimes microsoft exchange remembers the message id.. sometimes the
receiving system also thinks its spam.

amavisd-release doesn't care.

look at mail logs, see where it went.
put a packet trace on (tcpdump/wireshark) see if /where it went.

look at logs on receiving mail server.

if spam is in filesystem, look at it there. zmore
/var/virus/spam/s/spam-mail.gz

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000