Spamassassin configuration files not working

Jimmi jimmi at libero.it
Fri Apr 29 17:23:41 CEST 2011

 On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:26:06 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>  #1, amavisd-new doesn't use spamd.  you don't start spamd, you start
> amavis.

 I started spamd in order to verify the consistency of my
 /etc/spamassassin/*.cf files, and everything works like a charm. By
 passing emails through spamc the rules works correctly.

>  #2, look for (more config info) in ../etc/amavisd.conf

 I looked into ../etc/amavis/conf.d/ for days but I could not find
 anything that may help me. I will check it again, anyhow :)

>  #3, you say 'not using system conf files'.. why do you say that?

 Two reasons:
 - Mails obtain different scores while filtering through amavis or
 through spamc/spamd
 - If I well understood by running amavis in debug mode I should find
 something like:
 debug: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre
 debug: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

 and so on, but nothing like that is in my log.

>  #4, look for postfix integration docs on amavis web site also.

 I cannot find instructions that tell amavis how to configure SA.

 Thanks anyhow for the help, I will try harder ;)
--
 jimmi