High CPU usage (need help)

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at secnap.com
Mon Apr 25 15:10:37 CEST 2011

On 4/25/11 8:31 AM, david touzeau wrote:
> Using 2.6.5 20110407 + Postfix 2.8.2 in post-queue filter mode.
> Hardware : 4 cpus + 4Go memory
>
> Has you can see every time amavisd child turn to more than 60% when
> analyze messages

did it do this with 2.6.4?
you didn't mention verison of SA.
is it SA + sa_updates? or do you have custom rules? (runaway regex),
compiled rules? or not compiled?

are you having problems with dns rbls?
do you have any ipv6 perl modules loaded when you do not have ipv6?
(google, I found hard to reproduce problem)
is clamd running? is it slow? did it die?
try to identify the rules and email that are causing the problem

run spamassassin -D against one of the emails.

look at timing. identify which part of sa is causing problem and fix it.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Best Intrusion Prevention Product, Networks Product Guide
    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Hot Company Award, World Executive Alliance
    * Best in Email Security, 2010 Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine