setting amavisd on new server Q

Voytek Eymont lists at sbt.net.au
Fri Apr 15 03:15:06 CEST 2011

On Fri, April 15, 2011 10:02 am, Mark Martinec wrote:

Mark, thanks

ahem, I just realized that Ubuntu is a Debian and has README.Debian...

so, all the config files are 'split up' in ':/etc/amavis/conf.d'

> Right. For a new installation either go for 2.6.5 or 2.7.0-pre15.

> It is probably fine. The only reason for considering radically
> changing an existing config file is to dust it off and make it cleaner. The
> 2.7.0 for example brings a much simplified
> sample config file, so this may be an opportunity for some Spring cleaning,
> if there is a will to do so.

yes, I guess I should then go for spring cleanup and 2.7

I guess, as 2.7 is pre-rel, I need to just download, or should I be using
apt-get install ?

I'll try just downloading from amavis downlaods and see...

--
Voytek