setting amavisd on new server Q

Voytek Eymont lists at sbt.net.au
Wed Apr 13 08:01:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

I currently run  amavisd-new-2.6.4 (20090625) on Centos Postfix  2.4.5,
smtp auth, rather basic setup, largely configured from help picked up
here, and, it runs well despite the sysadmin

I've setup a new server on Ubuntu Postfix 2.7.0 and would like to setup
amavisd as well,

looking on amavisd page, I guess 2.6.5 is what I should use

can I just take copy oldserver:/etc/amavisd.conf to new server, is this as
simple as that ?
or is that a bad idea ? not really a good idea ?

tips, suggestions and crticism welcomed, laughing allowed

thanks for all the help

ohm yes, how can I get some sort of useful stats idea from old server just
to see ?

(I'm running on new server since few days, personally, I didn't see any
issues as yet (with getting spam, etc), BUT, one user tellig me he is
getting heaps of garbagge in his mail)

--
Voytek