Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Mon Apr 11 15:43:18 CEST 2011

Kshitij,

> expected boundary
[...]
> --MIME.PART.XMITIP.99AAA88BB01.AAOENFLD
>
> CONTENT-TYPE: TEXT/PLAIN
>
> --MIME.PART.XMITIP.99AAA88BB01.AAOENFLD
>
> CONTENT-TYPE: TEXT;
>               CHARSET=  "US-ASCII";
>               NAME=  "COPRAR.TXT"
>
> CONTENT-TRANSFER-ENCODING: 7BIT
>  ---------------------------------------------------
>
> Can any one suggest why is this behaviour of amavid-new
> info: i am using amavid-new 2.6 rpm pacckage upon rhel4

Your message is missing a trailing boundary delimiter:

--MIME.PART.XMITIP.99AAA88BB01.AAOENFLD--

See RFC 2046 section 5.1.1.

If we are dealing with a (non)delivery notification with an attached
but truncated original message, than the above diagnostics is
not unusual and can be ignored. But if that applies to a regular
message, it indicates that the message is indeed malformed.